Accurate Background Report Problems?


Accurate Background is a consumer reporting agency that provides background screening services to employers. If you find an error or inaccuracy on an Accurate Background report, you can send a dispute letter. By law, Accurate Background must investigate your dispute and correct any errors or inaccuracies it finds.

If you need help disputing Accurate Background report errors, or if you’re experiencing other Accurate Background report problems, contact BCJ Law for help. Call 1-800-997-5561 or complete our contact form.

Why does Accurate Background collect information on employees?

Accurate Background is an employment screening company. These types of companies collect information on employees, then aggregate that information into consumer reports. Employment screeners distribute reports to employers, who use the reports to evaluate or verify information about potential or existing employees.

What's in an Accurate Background report?

Background reports provided to employers by employment screening companies like Accurate Background may contain any of the following information:

  • Credit history.
  • Criminal information, including arrests, convictions, and fingerprinting.
  • Driving record information.
  • Employment, salary, education, volunteer, non-profit, and licensing verification.
  • Testing for drug or alcohol, or other health screenings.

How can my employer get my Accurate Background report?

In order to obtain a consumer report for employment purposes, employers must notify you and obtain your express consent. If they do not provide notice, or if they don’t get your consent, they may be violating a law called the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).

Notice and consent with regard to employment reports is important because it allows you to review your report before any action is taken against you. When you get notice that your employer is using an employment screener, ask your employer who they’re using and contact the company to get a copy of your report.

How do I get my Accurate Background report?

Accurate Background will provide a free employment report on request. You can request your report online at You also can call Accurate Background at 800-216-8024, or mail a request to 7515 Irvine Center Drive, Irvine, CA 92618. For more detailed instructions on how to get consumer reports, read our page on how to get your credit report for free.

Can I dispute Accurate Background report errors?

Credit report attorneys offer free consultations and most times can help you correct credit report errors for free.

Call BCJ Law LLC for Help!

The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) gives you the right to dispute credit report errors. As long as you comply with the FCRA, Accurate Background must investigate your dispute. It then must correct or remove any errors or inaccuracies it finds.

You must follow the proper procedures when disputing Accurate Background report errors. For example, your dispute letter must identify and explain the error at issue and must be sent directly to a credit report agency. Visit our page on disputing credit report errors for general information on the dispute process. If you need help, complete our contact form, or call us at 1-800-997-5561.

What's an "adverse action" notice?

If you get an “adverse action” notice from your employer, that means your employer either denied you a job, raise, or promotion, or took some other harmful action against you because of information contained in your Accurate Background report.

If you get an adverse action notice, you have the right to request a free copy of your Accurate Background report. This will allow you to see what is contained in the report and whether that information is accurate. If the information is inaccurate, out-dated, or otherwise invalid, you should file a dispute with Accurate Background.

Do people complain about Accurate Background report errors?

There have been numerous complaints regarding Accurate Background filed with the Consumer Financial Protect Bureau (CFPB) and the Better Business Bureau (BBB).

People having problems with consumer reports identify many types of issues, including mixed file errorsidentity theft, old information appearing on their report, and the improper disclosure of their report. Common errors include:

Identity errors:

  • Another person's name, address, or phone number on a report.
  • Another person's credit, criminal, driving, or employment history on a report.
  • Another person's public records information on a report.
  • Another person's drug, alcohol, or health screening information on a report.

Information errors:

  • Incorrect information regarding licensing, employment, or volunteer history.
  • Incorrect information regarding drug, alcohol or health screenings.
  • Incorrect information regarding arrests or convictions.
  • Wrong employers or licenses reported.

Management errors:

  • Re-reporting information that was deleted because of a dispute.
  • Failing to update information.
  • Reporting old information.
  • Re-reporting inaccurate or out-dated information.

Hire BCJ Law to Help!

If Accurate Background is reporting inaccurate information about you, refused to investigate your dispute, failed to correct an error, or disclosed your report without notice or consent, contact BCJ Law LLC. To get a free case review, call 1-800-997-5561 or complete our contact form.

Page Contents:

Share This Page:

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on google
Share on print
Share on email